Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Plan 2010



I've really never been a person who makes New Year's Resolutions. But when my friend Miss K posted this blog, I knew that it was as good of a time as any to make some changes.

So, here's my plan. Not resolutions to be resolved and forgotten about, but hopefully a plan for a new way to live. In 2010 and every year following.

Physical Health

Lose weight. I don't have a target weight in mind, yet. Mostly, I just want to feel healthy and comfortable. And look good in some cute clothes!! I've been there before and know I can get there again.

Eat healthy. This is one area that is so hard for me and gets lost in the balance of work and home life. For me and for my family, I need to figure out a meal planning system and healthy menu that works and that I can stick to.

Become more active. I hate, HATE, working out. But with our new family membership at the YMCA, I'm hoping that it will become less of a chore and more of a fun family activity. Have been daily since we joined and feel good about it. I'm nervous about this continuing once I'm back at work, but NEED to make it happen.

Find a dentist and schedule (and attend) regular appointments.

Self-Improvement

Read more

Have more patience...especially with kids.

Be a better housekeeper. Create a housekeeping schedule and STICK TO IT.

Complete at least 4 house projects in 2010. We've spent 7 years talking about what we want to do, now's the time to actually do it!!

Scrapbooking. At least one weekend away in 2010, and 1 day a month dedicated to working on getting organized and caught up.

Take a couple of photography classes and take more (better) pictures. Take more videos.

Be rid of guilt and put myself first every once in a while.

BLOG. I really want to keep up on this. Please, harass me if I don't. :)

Relationships

Spend more time with my sister and girlfriends, child-free.

Plan more one-on-one time with my husband. Work on our relationship, aside from parenting together.

Whew. That sounds like a lot, but I have BIG hopes for 2010!!

3 comments:

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

Patience....I need that, too!

Allison said...

You are awesome Katie! I have faith in you!!

darcie said...

Maybe when the weather gets decent enough we can take a couple of trips around Sunset Pond or...I don't know - but together - we can do this!